*photo credit to Muhammed Ayob (last years winner)*
“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” — Maya Angelou
An important part of becoming a global citizen and global leader is understanding the world around us and our place in it. This photo competition is a means for you to share this inspiration and maybe win our top prize while you are at it!
This competition is exclusively for UTS students approved to participate on BUILD Abroad Summer 2018-2019 programs running from 1 November 2018 until 1 March 2019.
- Upload your photo to Instagram (must be public in order for us to view)
- Add a brief caption to the photo about how your UTS BUILD Abroad Summer Program has inspired you.
- Hashtag BOTH #UTSBUILD and #UTSBUILDINSPIRES
- Follow and tag @UTSBUILD
- Throughout the competition period, random photos will be featured as inspiration to submit entries for the competition. All photos will be credited to their owners.
- At the close of competition, UTS BUILD will select six finalists based on the image and caption that most addresses how your UTS BUILD Abroad Summer Program has inspired you
- The winner will be voted by UTS International.
- One Hero5 Black Edition GoPro
- Special mentions will be given to runners up. All photos will be credited to their owners.
- Entries open NOW
- Entries close on FRIDAY 1 MARCH, 2019
- Winners announced on FRIDAY 22 MARCH, 2019
- You MUST be participating in a supported BUILD Abroad program and must be a member of the BUILD program on CareerHub. Join BUILD now if you’ve not already done so!
- Only submit photos that belong to you and that you have taken
- You can post as many photos as you like until the closing date
- Any people featured in your photo must give consent to be included in the competition submission. “People” include your friends or members of the communities you are engaged with.
- No photographs incorporating illegal or dangerous activities will be considered
- No photographs incorporating alcohol will be considered
- No photographs featuring animal captivity or cruelty will be considered and your future submissions will be disqualified.
- UTS BUILD reserves the right to deny entries where there are concerns over irresponsible or unethical behavior or tourism practices.
Please note that the photographs you submit may be used for a range of purposes, but principally for use in materials produced by UTS. This may include, but is not limited to, magazines, brochures, leaflets, podcasts, websites and other electronic media. In addition UTS may make such changes, adaptations, arrangements, deletions and additions from, in and to the photographs as it thinks fit. In exercising these rights, the university agrees not to cause changes to be made to the photographs that are of a derogatory nature.
By participating in the competition, you are acknowledging the intended uses (above) and give your permission for the photographs to be reproduced without limitation. You also agree not to seek payment from the University and release the University from any and all liability associated with the use by UTS, or a third party, of the photographs.